This product is a board for Allegro’s A4988 DMOS Microstepping Driver with Translator and Overcurrent Protection;
The translator is the key to the easy implementation of the A4988. Simply inputting one pulse on the STEP input drives the motor one microstep.
There are no phase tables, high frequency control lines, or complex interfaces to program.
The A4988 interface is an ideal fit for applications where a complex microprocessor is unavailable or overburdened.
1. Simple step and direction control interface
2. Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step, with an output drive capacity of up to 35 V and 2 A.
3. Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
4. Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
5. Over-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover-current protection
6. Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
1x A4988 stepper motor driver